Re: Interesting History Lesson (Non-LBC, somewhat longish)

To: sppchicago@excite.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Interesting History Lesson (Non-LBC, somewhat longish)
From: SpeedSites@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 00:10:44 EST
One more note:

The Thiokol boosters that destroyed the Challnger were, of course, only built
in sections with O-rings because Thiokol insisted on building them in Utah
and shipping them in vessels large enough to accomodate one section at a
time. The USAF was experiementing with one-piece composite SRB's, but that
project was cancelled. Can you say "Pork-Barrels"?

Must have been much like like the thought of improving the TR6, when you
could build the (*wonderful*) TR7 and piss away more $$ than had been spent
on the TR line to date.... (don't flame me, I had/survived one)

Rod Pyle
69 TR6
57 Healey (boxed)