TR3 windscreens and Aeroscreens.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 windscreens and Aeroscreens.
From: "Roger Colson" <sassamon@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 22:51:05 -0500
Hello fellow listers,

   My TR3 has the mounting points for the Aeroscreens.  There is a
picture in Piggot's Original TR2-3 book on page 103 showing
Aeroscreens mounted behind the windscreen.  Looking at my TR3 it
looks like there is not enough clearance to do this.

   With the windscreen removed.  (DPO alert)  I had to unscrew the hex
bolts! holding the side stanchion onto the frame so that I could pull the
stanchions away from the guide plates.  One of the Dzus was bent and
trapped in the guide plate.   The guide plates had been removed for a
respray and reinstalled with wood screws.  Which were loose and
binding.

   Looking today at the scuttle I can see two distinct wear patterns in the
paint.  One leaves plenty of room for the Aeroscreens and the other
current one goes right up to the edge of a mounting hole.

   Are there different windscreen frames - stanchions between the
different TR3s?  I know about the Dzus - bolt on change.

Thank you.

Roger
Roger Colson
57 TR3  TS21383L