Re: TR3 update. 10 inch drum removal. DPO

Subject: Re: TR3 update. 10 inch drum removal. DPO
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 20:53:13 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Roger :

You probably know this, but just to be sure : Your car may not have
originally had shoe hold down pins.  Some TR3s (TS15332 to TS56376
according to Moss) had adjustable 'steady posts' instead.  Look closely
at the holes, if they are threaded, then they take the posts instead of
the pins.

Another thought : one of the most common failures for the early starter
is the rubber inside the sleeve assembly (Moss P/N 549-580).  This can
be very difficult to troubleshoot, as the sleeve externally looks OK, it
just slips under load.  British Frame and Engine (probably others) sells
an upgraded, 'fail-safe' sleeve, which seems to work well, and should
solve this particular problem forever.

Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO