Chrome Wheels, Engine/Tranny R&R

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6packlist@mfasco.com>
Subject: Chrome Wheels, Engine/Tranny R&R
From: "Scoti" <Scoti@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 08:30:35 -0800
Listers,

I have a '73 TR6 and have been trying to locate Chrome wheels for it.  Other
than the Panasports, which do not come chromed and the wire wheels from the
"Big 3" do any of you know of a chrome wheel that will work?  I'd like to
know who manufactures them and where I can get them if you do.

Second, I have obtained an engine/Tranny with A-type O/D from a 70 '6 and
want to put it in my car (an almost daily driver here in L.A.) while I
rebuild my engine for more HP.

Questions:
Are there any tricks to getting the old out and the new in?
Any pitfalls to avoid?
Will the tranny-O/D bolt-up to my '73 motor when I get it done?
Are there any "required" or recommend changes I should make to either while
they are out?  I'll check the taper pin on the clutch fork for sure.
Any suggestions on what should be done to the old engine for performance?

I'm new to this game having had my '6 only since April and would appreciate
any suggestions you long time owners could offer.  I'm sure many of you
could do this in your sleep.  Any of you more experienced '6 owners that
live near the Pasadena area and can't get enough of doing your own work are
more than welcome to provide personal assistance with this project.

I have the Haynes and Bentley manuals.  I'm sure there are other questions I
should be asking, but don't know them yet.

Thanks in advance for all your help.  You can email me off-list at
scoti@msn.com.  I'll also be changing my address soon, but will let you
know.

Dana Scott
'73 TR6 CF9690U (soon to have o/d)