RE: Front Cross Frame Member

To: "Taffel, Sherman" <STaffel@bcps.k12.md.us>
Subject: RE: Front Cross Frame Member
From: "econrad" <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 13:01:42 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
When you are positioning the Cross Frame member, have you placed a jack
under the frame (at the lower cross piece that is under the engine) to lift
the car a little.  When this is done, the frame bends ever so slightly to
allow removal, and conversely, reinstallation of the cross frame member.

If you have done this already, I'm at a loss.

Eric Conrad
Denver, CO
econrad@teal.csn.net

Restoring my TR4, Got the Engine/Trans back in, mounts bolted even, but
having propblems fitting the Front Frame Cross Brace, which is all nicely
painted.In positioning, I've bolted up the Drivers side (not final tension,
but the passenger side refuses to slide back to the correct location.  I am
one bolt size hole diameter away from the pre-drilled factory fittings, and
can not get a screwdrive to help because I'm not close enough. Use of Mallet
has not helped so far.  Isn't it wonderful how a 15 min installation takes
days!
Any hints please?

Sherman D. Taffel
CT40054