Re: Triumph oddballs/ Triumph 2000 Estate is here!!

To: Lawrence G Miceli <lgmtr6@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Triumph oddballs/ Triumph 2000 Estate is here!!
From: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 18:29:56 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, stag@digest.net
Lawrence, when I lived in Blighty (UK) the Q plate was reserved for Grey
Market legal imports, given to serving military personnel from the
USA.The vehicle was now known as a temporary import.I bought a
'75 Dodge B200 from a service man in Oxford in 79, and when the local
Customs Revenue Service found out they were about to confiscate the van
because Brits were not allow to own vehicles that had not had the import
duties paid on them and this was a criminal arrestable offense, the
problem was theirs however due to a inter office cock up, or so they
said.After the vehicle is registered the give you a tag which is coded
for the year the duties were paid, mine was MOE 745 S. or something,
anyway it was an S registration.Help any ?.....VIVA LVCAS.......DK