Re: Triumph oddballs/ Triumph 2000 Estate is here!!

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Triumph oddballs/ Triumph 2000 Estate is here!!
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 17:16:30 -0700
Lawrence G Miceli wrote:

> Well, the 2000 Estate wagon is here!! The car is in great shape, with all
> of it's original paperwork, tools, and even the original British license
> plate. The registration number was " QL 3294" does this mean anything to
> anyone....

According to an old AA Members Handbook I have, the "Q" plates were used for
for foreign vehicles temporarily imported into the UK from abroad...
particularly when the car came from a country (e.g. US & Canada) that did not
issue the international documents needed to enable the cars to travel abroad
using native registration plates and a nationality plaque.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A