Re: Removing paint from rubber

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Removing paint from rubber
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 19:39:00 -0700
> ...When I did my '70 TR6, almost everything inside the engine bay and
> all gasket had white paint from a really bad paint job. I found that using
> finger nail polish remover can really do a great job with removing paint...

But know there are new types of nail polish removers that work on nail polish
but
may be ineffective for your purposes.  I think (if it comes to this) you will
want
the nasty stuff (acetone I think).  Before I resort to something that strong I
try
a little WD40 as it will loosen up many things with less risk to the rubber and
surroundings.

The good news is that paint doesn't usually adhere well to rubber.... you might
even be able to chip most of it off with the tapered (not pointy) end of an
orange
stick.  At my house I can usually find these in the same cabinet as the nail
polish remover.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A