Re: Thanks

To: <cartr4a@mpdr0.chicago.il.ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: Thanks
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 22:45:34 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jim wrote:

Question: I have a '67 TR4a, that was originally French
blue, but under
the hood,(firewall, inner fenders, wheel arches, etc) it is
silver. I
have heard that this could be original, but I have not seen
another one
like this. Does anyone know if silver was used under the
hood? I know a
guy who swears he saw a new yellow TR6, in 1972, in a dealer
showroom,
that was silver.

Sorry, Jim - but if French Blue has appeared on your car it
must have been repainted. Are you sure it wasn't Wedgwood
Blue (light blue)? Something in my water tells me a very few
4A's were painted in Valencia Blue as well but Bill Piggot's
book will confirm that. There was no production cutover to
French Blue until *about* 1972 and the 4A was well out of
production by then. I had one of the early Dolomites at that
time and French Blue was the newest blue going down the line
at that time on all models where it was listed as available.
Equally, silver wasn't a standard production colour either -
and black was only painted on cars on Friday afternoons.
Check out the commission number plate and refer to this list
the numbers you see on that plate for paint and trim.
Someone will then be able to tell you what the original
production and trim colours were.

Jonmac