Re: 1974 TR6 FS

To: "Hansen, Hans C, III (Red), GLSVC" <rhansen@att.com>
Subject: Re: 1974 TR6 FS
From: Bob Hill <oldcars@newt.vallnet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 07:26:02 -0600 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Out of curiosity, Ichecked out he ad with the picture and was amazed at
the difference in descriptins of the car. Here is the ad as it appears on
exicte:

1974 Triumph TR-6, 60000 miles, $2500 OBO
To settle estate. Has always been garaged until this year. Never been
in an accident. No rust. Needs minor interior and exterior work an
new top.Has not been driven in a few years

Now based upon that description and the beautiful picture of the car, if I
were anywhere close to NY, off I woud be to see about buying this car.
How disappointed, and angry!!, I would be when I got there and saythe REAL
car!!  Notice also the ad states that it had never been in an accident!
Guess that side swipe on the passenger side was a factory or dealer
installed customizing job!!!!

I guess my point in all of this is I have learned over the years that
unless the person selling the car is an enthusiast, not to believe their
description of the car becasue apparently they can not see what we are
looking for.

Thanks for an honest description of a car - maybe you saved someone on
this list from travelling to see a beatuiful car needing a little work to
one that is a parts donor.

Bob