1974 TR6 FS

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1974 TR6 FS
From: "Hansen, Hans C, III (Red), GLSVC" <rhansen@att.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 07:54:22 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Fellow LisTRs --
For those of you looking for replacement parts or a restoration project,
read on.
There is a 1974 TR6 for sale in New Paltz, NY. The owner, Ms. Pat Stewart,
is asking $1500 or BO. I have seen the car recently and can describe only
some of its characteristics. My initial interest was in the engine. The
engine looks to be in rough shape, although it does hold oil and apparently
ran very well. I think there is a broken front motor mount. The car hasn't
been run in 4-5 years. The radiator is bone dry and rusty. The interior is
beyond repair (maybe the seat frames are restorable) and the dashboard is
peeling and splintered. While the fenders and rockers are fiberglass, the
remaining body panels appear to be in good shape and without rust. There is
accident damage, a side swipe, actually, on the passenger side door, rocker,
and rear fender. The chrome pieces - bumpers, headlight rings, trim rings on
wheels, windshield surround - are nearly immaculate. I have no idea what the
frame is like, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's OK. There are at least 4
redlines tires, one of which is flat, probably from a slow leak. I'm not
sure of the spare. The color is a light, metallic green like a Porsche
Green.
She has advertised the car on VTR (go here: http://www.vtr.org/ads/3425.html
<http://www.vtr.org/ads/3425.html> ) as well as Excite (go here for a
description and an old picture of the car in its heyday:
http://www.classifieds2000.com/cgi-cls/ad.exe?P1+C14+A0+R831386+Q353145265
<http://www.classifieds2000.com/cgi-cls/ad.exe?P1+C14+A0+R831386+Q353145265>
).
Her current price is $1500 or Best Offer, BUT you must take the whole car.
She will NOT part out the car. If you go to the URLs above, you will see her
e-mail address and telephone numbers.
I have no financial interest, but, boy, are those bumpers sparkly! A lot
better than mine.
The following is only an idea, not a requirement: A possible deal could be
worked out with me whereby you buy the car, I have it transported to my home
125 miles away, I ship you the parts you want, I keep the chrome, and I have
the hulk towed to the bone yard. Just a thought. It may be best if you
contact her directly.
Good Luck,
Red Hansen
'74 TR6 CF13994 -
'58 TR3A TS41439 - awaiting delivery from the present owner.