Fuel pump rebuild on TR6. (also click and clack mention)

To: "'Triumph Digest List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel pump rebuild on TR6. (also click and clack mention)
From: John Jacobsen-Watts <johnw@wrq.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 06:56:03 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
My original AC fuel pump is leaking pretty badly on my '74 TR6. I purchased
a kit yesterday that may or may not be correct; can anyone help?

The kit is one of the universal types (w/several washers, etc.). Included in
the kit is a diaphram w/post, block to pump washer w/ cross-shaped cutout,
two identical round metal thingies w/ set of round washers, and two rubber
sealing rubbers, one presumably that will fit the top to upper body of the
pump.

So, do I need the set of sealing washers w/container as shown on TRFs blue
book pg 41? Should I run quickly from this sort of kit? Cost was $25.00. TRF
is currently at least 6 weeks out for delivery. The stink in my garage is
pretty bad.

Which brings me to the fun part of this message. About four weeks ago my
wife and I were sitting in our living room listening to Click and Clack on
the radio (the Car Guys on National Public Radio). Well a woman calls in
with a query about why her Honda will/won't start depending on if it has
been garaged overnight or not. Turns out her car is exiled outside while his
"baby," a TR6, is housed in the garage. The brothers quickly get to the nub
of the problem: their marriage (forget the car!). Recent (re)marriage? Yes.
His house? Yes. Marriage won't last, they say; should have moved into a
mutual house. Advice? Take the TR6 and go!!

John
johnw@wrq.com