Re: 1973 TR6

To: Siegel@allamerican.com
Subject: Re: 1973 TR6
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 08:59:05 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Paul,

Listen to your mechanic.  He's on to something.  I would look for debris in the
carbs.  Sounds very similar to a problem I had after a carb rebuild.  Lint from
new gaskets was in the fuel bowls.  At low fuel demand, idling, the lint stayed
at the bottom of the bowls.  At high demand it got stirred up into the fuel and
clogged the jets.  Car acted like it was running out of gas which it was!!

I hope this helps and you find/fix the problem.

Good Luck.

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, Ca
1970 TR6 PI ... no more carb problems!!

I got a problem with my TR6. I just had the engine rebuilt 3k miles ago.

After the break in period the engine runs great. Now when the car is cold it

starts up fine, but when it reaches operating temperature it stalls

repeatedly, sort of like it is running out of gas. I have checked the fuel

pump (pumping 2.5lbs of pressure), ignition(it is getting a good spark). I

am absolutely dumbfounded as to what the problem is. Any insight would help.

My mechanic did say I have some carburetor issues, but nothing that would

warrant this type of problem.

Paul Siegel