Re: 1973 TR6

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1973 TR6
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 23:26:30 -0800
Check the spark the second the car stalls. If no spark see below for 'warmed
up' related ignition posibilities.

1. I'd look at the ignition coil an check for continuity across the poles(+ and
-) and through the primary the second it stalls. It may have a broken coil that
takes a while for the coil to 'open up' and killing the ignition. Get a new
coil if no continuity is found.

2. Same scenario on the condensor, it may be the culprit in that it takes a
while for the plates to 'jump the insulation gap' between them after heating
up. Replace condensor is the best test/solution.

If still good ignition. It must be gas related(possibly vapor locking after
warmed up). Pull the gas line before it goes into the T at the carbs and see if
gas comes out or a 'gap of air' and then gas. I've never had vapor lock so
someone that has would be more knowledgeable on diagnosis and solutions.