Re: Triumphs verse Wife

To: smith007@mindspring.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumphs verse Wife
From: Gogostag@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:22:27 EST
We have the best of both worlds-----I, as a wife, have had a love affair with
cars in general and British sports cars in particular since I was a kid.  I
am lucky enough to have found someone who not only loves me, but loves
working on sportscars, as I just don't have the mechanical ability to work on
them myself.  We're a team; I get a "feeling" about a car, about whether it's
a good price and if it will be a good car, and Mike can tell me if he can do
it.  We've had & rebuilt some wonderful Brits over the years, including 3
Sunbeam coupes, 2 Alpines, 2 MGA's. 2 Midgets, an MGB, a TR4, an XKE, TR6 and
our present love, a '73 Stag.  Mike also just completed rebuilding a '58
bug-eye Sprite for a friend.  I don't begrudge the time he spends working on
them since his main job is as my caregiver, so it's nice to get rid of him
throughout the day!!
Every situation is different, but ours works perfectly!
Gloria & Mike
'73 Stag
p.s. yes, I have sisters, but they're not like me!!