Re: afternoon fun

To: "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Cliff Hansen" <chansen@access1.net>
Subject: Re: afternoon fun
From: "Beth & Ken" <bethken@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 09:11:10 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
My best one was when after reinstalling my newly rebuilt engine in my
Europa...the oil pressure was OK at idle, but dropped with revs. To make a
long story short, I had put a 4" bolt in the oil pickup tube when the engine
was upside down (to keep anything from falling in there). Well, I never
noticed it when I put on the oil pan. When I turned the engine over and
reinstalled it, the bolt would drop down an inch or so to the bottom of the
oil pan...good pressure at idle. When you'd rev her up...you got it...the
bolt would get sucked up into the tube.

ken shapiro
baltimore
1970 GT6+ KC81872L