RE: Question re: TR6 brake hazard switch leaking

To: TR Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Steve Skolnik <sskolnik@excite.com>
Subject: RE: Question re: TR6 brake hazard switch leaking
From: Gary & Priscilla Klein <gklein@toad.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 11:57:57 -0400
Steve,

I suspect that your O-Rings on the PDWA piston are shot.  The area below
the nylon switch should be dry.  New o-rings for the piston are
available but be absolutely certain to obtain Ethylene Propylene (EP).

Last Fall, I purchased a quantity of O-Rings and offered them to list
members but unfortunately, they're all gone.  I still get requests from
time to time so I suspect that like me, you can get rid of them in short
order by offering them to fellow list members, too.  They're not
expensive, less than $.50 each if I remember.  You can order a quantity
($5 minimum plus about $7 postage) from:

American Packing and Gasket Co.
1-800-888-5223
www.apandg.com

The proper part number is E70010

I've included my earlier post where I indicated the specs for the
O-Rings.

Now I have to admit that I followed Jim Altman's suggestion and
installed an o-ring and bolt in the switch hole and have not replaced my
O-Rings as yet.  Sounds like Jim hasn't either as he got a set of
o-rings from me.  (Jim, we know where our priorities lie, right?)

Good Luck,

Gary
Severn, MD  Digest
'75 TR6