Re: SU hs4s on a TR6

To: graham_spens@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU hs4s on a TR6
From: SpitRacer9@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 00:56:25 EDT
I believe what you would want is an HS6.  Putting HS4's on a TR6 would be
like Rosanne trying fit into a size 6.  First things first though, you won't
see a performance increase just by putting HS6's on.  they are exactly the
same size and meter fuel exactly the same way.  You may see easier startup,
but a set of properly rebuilt ZS's are the equal of an SU.  By "all of the
gadgetry" I assume you mean the temperature compensators and you can thank
the US Government for that.  You will find the SU series has these as well,
but they are located on the Jet not a seperate circuit.  The HS6's are a bolt
up conversion, with some minor throttle linkage differances, Moss Europe and
Burlen Fuel Systems both sell the conversion kits, and buying new ones is
probably a better option as most people want about 300 bucks for a set and,
and the full conversion kit is about 600 from Moss europe.  Now if you want
to truly upgrade performance you can modify your intake manifold and bolt up
a set of HS8's.  That is what I'm currently using I like it.

Aaron