Re: TR4A Signal Light Flasher

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A Signal Light Flasher
From: Steve Reilly <Luckyone@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 13:12:52 -0400
Gerald,

I had the same problem replacing the 3-pronged flasher unit for my hazard
unit.  The hazard light would stay on when the hazards were "off", and
would flash when the hazards were turned on.  I think the problem is with
the flasher unit itself, it is wired inside differently.

  I tested an old one, and the new unit, and sure enough, there was a
difference.  The old flasher unit connects the circuit  when power is
applied, and the new flasher unit disconnects the circuit when power is
supplied.  Since the new unit is always "on" when the hazard switch is off,
the hazard light was always on.  With the old unit, the hazard light is
always off, because the hazard unit is off by default when the hazard
switch is off.

  As a temporary measure, I used extension leads and a splitter to connect
a 2 pronged flasher to the 3 female connectors.

Basically, the purple wire is connected to "X" on the flasher unit, and
both other wires (light green?) are connected by a splitter to the "L"
terminal.

Worked for me, but I don't know if the TR4A is wired that much differently
and I looked at a wiring diagram for a minute to see if it would interfere
with any other electrical circuits.

Steve,
'70 Gt6