Re: TR4A Signal Light Flasher

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, jerryvv@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: TR4A Signal Light Flasher
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 12:32:47 EDT
In a message dated 8/27/2000 11:45:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jerryvv@worldnet.att.net wrote:

Jerry,

Your problem is your 550 flasher. I have two of them in my shop, an old one
and a new one. The old one works as it should for your TR4A, and the new
works just as you describe. There are six ways to wire the flasher in your
car (using the existing three wires), and none of them will produce the
symptoms you describe, so your wiring is not the problem. BTW, the 550
flasher is NOT a turn signal flasher, it is a hazard flasher. That means it
will continue to flash even if one of your bulbs is burned out, so you won't
get a warning as you would with a true turn signal flasher. If you use a
hazard flasher, you will need to check the condition of your bulbs regularly.
Right offhand, I don't know a part number for a replacement for the 550,
other than buying a Lucas replacement, but if I find one, I'll let you know

Dan Masters
Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
http://members.aol.com/danmas/
MGBV8 Newsletter:
http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm