Kings Head Pub

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Kings Head Pub
From: LBPB1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 08:24:59 EDT
Hi to all!
              Well in spite of the rain a good time was had by all who came
to the Triumph and MG show at the Kings Head Pub at St. Augustine Fl. Hosted
this year by the Triumph Club Of North Florida, the show had cars and owners
from as far away as Miami and Tampa areas. The gray weather cut the show by
about half, but there were still over 40 cars on display. Two models I had
not seen since I started going to the show about five years ago were the Stag
and the GT6. Two Stags were entered. One was a parts car which sold and one
was Mr. Macelli's fantastic (72?) aptly named Barnie. That is an original
color! Two GT6's were also there, but only one was entered while the other
sat at the entrance to the show waiting for the next owner. I dont know if it
sold. Both were early models. Someone even brought a Triumph 2000! Thats not
something you see very often.
              Between brief rain showers all the participants and visitors
got to see fine examples of many MG's and triumphs as well as Jaguar and
Lotus and who could forget all those pretty Healeys. Tom Turner of First
Floor Sports Car Store brought brought his own entry, a Van Deamon (sp?)
formula Ford Which has been seen many times on tracks in the Southeast. Mr.
Turner also set up a booth full of goodies for sale like guages, chrome bits,
hard tops, fiberglass fenders and even a few transmisions.
              The formula Ford was not the only competition entry of the day.
Don Marshal brought his very prepared TR4 racer in spite of an SCCA solo
event being held at Whitehouse FIeld. It sure sounds good! Thanks Don!
             As usual the pub had all the regular British fare. We dined on
fish and chips, beef and kidny pie and black berry cobbler. I admit I skipped
the pint of ale.
            What a great time we had seeing old friends and making new ones!
Many thanks to the Triumpn Club Of North Florida, The Kings Head Pub, and all
those who brought thier own beautiful bits of automotive art!
            I sure look foward to seeing all our friends at the VTR show in
Lake City. I dont think I can wait! Excuse me, but I have to work on my Stag
now!

PLB3