Electric fuel pump

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electric fuel pump
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 09:38:03 -0400
Those of you that use a Facet fuel pump -- where did you mount it?  The
instructions clearly state to keep it out of the engine compartment, or
anywhere where the temperature exceeds 140F/60C.  They also state that you
should not mount the pump higher than 12 inches above the bottom of the fuel
tank

I was going to mount it in the engine compartment, but now I'm rethinking
the situation.  I could mount it in the rear on the frame, but I'd like to
put a filter in front of it to remove crud from the fuel tank, and that
makes the filter pretty inaccessible if I have to change it.  Where did you
locate yours?   Did anyone ever measure the temperature in the engine
compartment?

Sumner Weisman
62 TR3B TSF263L