Re: carburetor [rebuild] questions

Subject: Re: carburetor [rebuild] questions
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 15:06:44 -0600
Lftlesl@aol.com wrote:

> I just opened the carburetor rebuild kit I ordered from TRF several
> months ago. There is an impressive congregation of gaskets, thingamabobs and
> widgets, but no parts list and no instructions. A parts list would be helpful
> -- I could compare it to the diagrams in the Haynes and Bentley manuals and
> work from there -- but step-by-step instructions would really make things
> easier. Does anyone know if there is any such animal?

The May 2000 issue of Jaguar World had an article on rebuilding SU H6's.
Real pretty pictures. My wife saw the magazine and said "you're NOT buying
a Jaguar!" If you can't find a copy at your local library I'll fax a copy For
Research And Educational Purposes Only.

I also have a photocopy of a Triumph shop manual from the '60s (?)
written for a "regular Joe" audience, I'll try to remember to check it for
useful directions when I get home. That said, take one apart at a time,
and you'll have a reference. I once videotaped a jeep carb as I
disassembled it, then just reviewed the tape in reverse when necessary.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO