Re: TR4 - Radiator Skid Shield Assembly

Subject: Re: TR4 - Radiator Skid Shield Assembly
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 15:21:31 -0600
Brian Sanborn wrote:

> My original TR4 had a piece on the front of the frame that
> protected the radiator and was used to attach an anti-sway bar
> (Radiator Skid Shield Assembly 301644). My current car has
> nothing across the front.  I think there should be a radiator
> cross member (208639) at the least... as standard.  I know the
> skid was an optional thing... Anybody know whether the
> crossmember was standard

Skid plates for my TR4! Sweet! I just bought an older off-road
prepared Range Rover -- skid plates everywhere -- for the
occasional winter day* when the TR4 should stay in the garage.
And now I was thinking my TR4 looked a bit tame. Does Moss
carry a lift kit too? <g> Replace the lever shocks with Ranchos,
a winch would be nice too -- the cable could route through the
crank hole in the grill....

Does the Skid Shield replace the Radiator Guard? I have a
broken weld on one side of my rad guard -- it was broken
when I bought the car. Maybe it's upgrade time.

*okay, I admit it. It's a sunny day, and I drove the truck. The
sound system is just so good. <g> And there was a chance
a buddy would need me to winch his Fiat out of his garage.

--
Steven Newell
'62 TR4