Fw: TR-3 Luggage Rack

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: TR-3 Luggage Rack
From: "ronald babbitt" <rbtr3a@flintemc.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 21:06:02 -0400
Dennis,
I have a luggage rack that is removable, I like the rack but did not like
the securing hardware provided. The rack tie down was configured to lip the
edge of the boot with a turnbuckle styled  clamp. What I did was removed the
boot handle and used the gasket as a template, I then traced the gasket onto
a piece of 16awg aluminum stock, at the center  point I added  a half inch
wide tab 4 inches in length. Cut out shape using tin shears, drilled out
center  to accommodate handle  and the two handle screw holes. Remount
handle with new mounting tab between gasket and handle. Bend tab up to edge
of rack, trim flush. Slide  the chrome U shaped clamps provided on to the
rack and position directly in front of the handle and over the newly formed
tab. You will need to drill a new hole in  the tab to secure  the U clamp.
The U clamp will already  have an existing hole. Secure clamp using the
chrome screw and nut provided with the rack.  Note: I substituted a lock nut
with the nut that was provided.  This setup eliminated the paint chipping
that would have occurred.
Hope this helps
Ronnie Babbitt
1960 tr3a