San Diego British Car Day

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: San Diego British Car Day
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 13:11:08 -070010/03/2000 04:13:36 PM
Barry has already presented an excellent summary of the event.  Let me add
the following:

That over the top Spitfire parked right next to our car.  For a moment I
thought I was at a street rod run!  Interesting from an engineering point
of view.  Definite candidate for Darwin award if driven on the street!!!

By the way, that was my Home Market PI TR6, sitting in the shadow of that
monster Spit.

Looked for fellow list members without much success.  We spent too much
time looking at all the other LBC's.  I did like the RR Town Car, Mini's
and Morgans.

I think next year, we might be better off without the trophies or make
better categories for each marque.  It made no sense to have them for
TR2/3s, TR6s and "all others".

Looking forward to Triumphest 2000!!

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, Ca