Re: On the way home

To: davidt@opentext.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, owner-spitfire@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: On the way home
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 07:38:05 EDT
In a message dated 00-10-03 19:20:30 EDT, davidt@opentext.com writes:

<< Who would have thought on a country road to run into a fellow 3er?  Boy I
 think I will have to drive more often in the spitty. That now makes 8 TR2's
 & 3's in various stages in this area. Cool.

 A good day I think.  >>

A good day indeed!  A few weeks ago a very similar event happened to
me.....same scene - tooling along a wooded country road about 10 miles from
home - when I rounded a turn and started down a long grade towards a lake.  I
saw a jogger approaching me which was odd considering that there weren't many
houses close by.  As I got closer the guy started waving vigorously so I
stopped thinking he was having an attack of some sort....turns out he was
just jogging along and lived in one of the local houses - has a TR4 and a
Spit (both not running) and was just thrilled to see an LBC on "his road".

We talked a bit, swapped stories......I told him that I'm adding his house to
my list of LBC emergency repair stops that now dot the greater southeastern
Pennsylvania countryside....kinda like hostils for ill Triumphs:)

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway & looking quite spiffy)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (enjoying the fall weather!)