And the generator light stays on! '60 TR3A

To: triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: And the generator light stays on! '60 TR3A
From: "Crockett, Steve" <steve.crockett@analog.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 16:59:44 -0400 charset="iso-8859-1"
This may be a common question, but I have not seen it in the list. My problem is
that the generator light all of a sudden stays glowing when the engine is
running, at all RPM's. Also, the Ammeter stays still....no deflection either
way. The generator is fairly new.. I had suspected regulator problems a few
weeks ago - replaced the 'new' regulator with the old regulator and the problems
went away......If I press down the contacts on the regulator the light generator
light goes out. Any ideas???? (I don't have a circuit tester...suppose I should
get one and learn how to use it!) Please don't tell me the generator is
dead.....is there a test I can do???? All help is appreciated!