Re: Cars FS (bugeyes, TR prices online)

Subject: Re: Cars FS (bugeyes, TR prices online)
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 12:10:26 -0600
naldous@ccgmail.com wrote:

> How much is a 1960 bugeye in average condition worth? Basically runs but needs
> restoring.

First: I hadn't seen this source for Triumph prices online before, though I've
seen the Thoroghbred & Classic Cars magazine -- but w/o the US dollar
conversions. So those of you who wonder what it's [theoretically] worth, take a
look at this site:

Triumph: http://www.specialcar.com/priceguide/price_t.html

Anyway, it seems to me bugeyes are getting more attention with brand new "retro"
cars around like the New Beetle. But still, a solid driver that's a rolling
restoration candidate should be ~$4-7K. Really good bugeyes usually top out just
over $10K, though the top end can sometimes get silly high -- just like TR6s.

An enthusiast web site:
http://members.tripod.com/PDLJMPR/

The Special Car price guide online (link above) lists the bugeye Sprite as $7750
for condition 2 to 3+ (sound, can be used, might benefit from cosmetic
attentions) and $3875 for condition 3 to 4+ (complete, running, will require
major restorative work).

Bugeye: http://www.specialcar.com/priceguide/price_a.html

--
Steven Newell