RE: TR3 Heater Fan

To: "'Bill Taylor'" <Tmade96@erols.com>, Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Heater Fan
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 18:08:37 -0400 charset="iso-8859-1"
I purchased, from Carquest Auto parts stores, their model HTR 208921 blower
motor.  Much like the original, it fits inside the core, and the old fan
blade assy clamps onto the shaft.  Mounting was a little bit of a project (
really not that bad ).  I kept the same 'top plate' on the core,
and knocked the old motor off. ( especially easy) I made a couple of small
'Z' brackets to support the new motor, and I bedded it in a layer of PC-7
epoxy at the top plate/motor backside interface.  ( belt and suspenders,,,,)
When reassembling, take care in mounting the blade so it doesn't scrape on
the core, as things are normally fairly tight in this area. A test run on
the bench would be a good idea.  The original Rheostat knob on the dash
controls the motor very nicely and the heater will produce more hot air than
Aunt Sarah after 5 cups of java.

Have Fun!
Bob Westerdale
59 3A TS36967E