TR2/3 - gas tank installation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2/3 - gas tank installation
From: Angelo Graham <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 19:01:22 -0400
Hello list:
I recall  a couple of months ago discussions on replacing the "horse-hair"
padding under the gas tank on the 2/3's. Well, I need this good advice now.
I have just cleaned and repainted the tank on my 2 and wondering what to
put under it to replace the felt (?) padding. Thinking of closed foam
strips about 1/2" thick and 1" wide (domestic weatherstripping). Would this
be enough thickness to take the compression of the mounting straps?
Anyone find a replacement  or local source for the rubber filler neck joint
or union? Hate to send to the big three for one part that I need real soon
(postage, customs, etc.).

Many thanks,
Angelo Graham
1955 TR2