installing studs

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: installing studs
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 09:28:21 -0400
Hi all, I just have a couple of quick questions on the proper way
to install threaded studs in the block (specifically, the ones
the intake and exhaust manifolds hang from).

I had planned to clean up the holes with a bottoming tap, then
turn the new studs in finger tight.  Then on go the gasket,
manifolds, & nuts.  Torque nuts to spec.

Right?  Or do I have to torque the studs down first?  (I can't
see how to do that without ruining them.)

Should I use Locktite or anti-seize or anything?  Or turn them in
clean and dry (which is what I expect).

thanks!
--
Douglas Frank Compaq Computer Corp.  Lead, n.  A metal, useful as
ZKO           110 Spit Brook Rd.      counterpoise to an argument