Re: installing studs

To: "Douglas Frank" <frank@zk3.dec.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: installing studs
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@idcnet.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 09:53:17 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
The studs should be installed tightly.  You can do this by locking two nuts
together on the "outboard" end of the stud, then putting a wrench on the
topmost of the two nuts and truning until the stud is firmly in place.  It
doesn't have to be at the same torque as that specified for the manifold
nuts, but it should be in tight.  I see no problem with using anti-sieze on
these studs.