Re: AAAARRRGGGHHH!! TR3 windshield install

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Subject: Re: AAAARRRGGGHHH!! TR3 windshield install
From: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 11:04:10 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Gbouff1@aol.com, TR list <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at mail.virginia.edu
In general, I would agree with you, TeriAnn, but the situation is
different with the TR-3's.  These have an outer frame that must be
dissasymbled, and there is a set of little angle brackets that
frequently are rusted.  Any glass shop should have extensive experience
with these if they are to do it correctly.

Cheers.

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, TeriAnn
Wakeman wrote:

> > If anybody has an alternate
> >suggestion or a proven technique to install the windshield please let me
> >know.
>
> I just go to my local windscreen glass installer.  It is quick, painless,
> not very expensive and the work is done by someone who knows the
> materials and their charactericts well.  I am not an experienced expert
> on windscreen glazing and always manage to get black goo everywhere while
> things didn't fit right and squirm about.
>
> Some things I farm out because they are too much trouble to learn how to
> do something  done once every 20 years or so.
>

> TeriAnn
>                       http://www.overlander.net
>
>   The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
>   with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.

James A. Ruffner