tr3 windshield install, outcome

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: tr3 windshield install, outcome
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 07:10:49 EDT
First, thanks to all that responded to my plea for help.

It seems that all that responded have either not tried or had success with
the TRF style seal.  I for one not only failed once but twice.

One respondent used the black goop in a tube with a very satisfactory result.
 One wasn't familiar witht he type of seal that is used on a TR3.  Everyone
else advised me that it wasn't worth the grief, just bring it to an
automotive glass installer.

Decisions, decisions, it's a tough call with the vote being so close, but my
next step is to explore the yellow pages.

Gary Bouffard
TR3A TS58399 (getting fitted for new specs)