Halogen dash bulbs

To: erik@midwestfilter.com
Subject: Halogen dash bulbs
From: "Scott Kohl" <sdkgt6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 00:07:48 GMT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Erik,

I have considered that route, but they are expensive, aren't they?  Also,
I'd be concerned about their service life.  Not to mention the potential for
heat.  I converted my GT6 to modern bayonet bulbs by soldering claw-type
bases (just like the original type) for bayonet bulbs to the bases of old
screw-base bulbs, after breaking out the bulb glass, of course.  Screws in
just like the old bulb, much brighter, and I no longer have to worry, as
replacements are available anywhere.  Later, on inspiration, I went to an
electronics supply in town and got some brighter-than-auto bulbs--just dug
into their catalog and looked up a bulb with the same base but more
candlepower.

Cheers

Scott Kohl
'69 GT6+
'67 2000 Saloon (the white-on-black faces don't have the problem)