Re: Halogen dash bulbs

To: "Scott Kohl" <sdkgt6@hotmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Halogen dash bulbs
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:57:41 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
They are more expensive than incandescent lamps ($10-$15 each). They seem
to be hotter than the regular lamps but not too hot. I can't speak to
service life, but halogen lamps will last a long time if you take the
proper handling precautions (my halogen headlamps have given me years of
service). Fingerprints will drastically shorten the life of any quartz lamp.

  I'm sure there are alternatives but I'm very happy with mine. I can
actually SEE my turn signal indicator flashing in bright sunlight. ;{)

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com