Poly bushings/diff mounts for TR6

To: Michael_Bayrock@translink.bc.ca
Subject: Poly bushings/diff mounts for TR6
From: dncullig@us.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 19:19:52 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Should he stay with the rubber mounts? Does the poly give any extra
 >  benefits? Comments?

Michael -
    This was discussed last year about this time. Here's a response
from Bob Kramer:

>FWIW,
>A bunch of us have been using the BPNW diff mount bushings for another
>reason. Even if the MOSS (TRF and VB) units were perfect in every way,
they
>are still rubber. The rubber looses it's firmness over time and starts to
>compress. When the diff starts slamming back and forth the frame diff
mount
>bolts move and crack the mounts. This is an expensive repair and all too
>common. The poly diff mounts will prevent this from happening.

>Bob Kramer
>Hill Country Triumph Club
>rgk@flash.net

   His response was to my note about my brand new rubber diff
mounts from Moss Motors failing catastrophically after only
800-1000 miles. YMMV.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH / Highland,NY
                              DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM