Falcon SS Exhaust Question

To: "Darrell Ramsey" <triumphfan71@hotmail.com>
Subject: Falcon SS Exhaust Question
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 22:08:22 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Darrell Ramsey"
>I recently purchased Falcon's stock style stainless steel exhaust system
for
my 71 TR6.  Try as I might, I can't get it to fit anything like my previous

stock system.  Right now it's drivable but to avoid interference, the
silencer hangs with a 30 degree list.  It just doesn't seem to fit right.
I've used all new brackets and hardware from TRF.

Does anyone have experience fitting this system?
<

Darrell,

When I installed mine (in 1996) it took some figeting but once the tubes
were inserted into each other to the design depth it fit up just fine.
It's still on there and I've only had to replace one or two hangers since.
So recheck the joints and be sure they are fully inserted.

The quality of the muffler is another matter, however.

Dave
57 TR3
71 TR6
80 TR8

P.S. I also put one on my TR8 and it sounds great!  Of course it is a
different system altogether.