Re: OD Relay

To: "Jay Snavely" <jays@paonline.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OD Relay
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 21:56:02 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

----- Original Message -----
From: Jay Snavely <jays@paonline.com>
To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 8:05 PM
Subject: OD Relay

> I am getting an OD put into my 74 TR6.  I was under the impression that
> there was no relay on a J OD.  I have seen wiring diagrams which show it
> without, but the Bentley is not clear.  TRF does not show it, but Moss is
> unclear.  My mechanic thought they all had them.  Does anyone agree with
> him?  If so, do they go on the fender in front of the fuse block?  TIA

74 TR6's had J type overdrives which did not use a relay. In its place was a
starter relay which was part of the seatbelt interlock system. The earlier
cars with A type did use a relay. I put an A type in my car, and I have an
extra relay mounted just in front of the starter relay.

Irv
74 TR6 CF22767U with A type o/d since 1983
Highland Park, IL