rating dash bulb brightness

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: rating dash bulb brightness
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 21:55:16 EDT
Hi list,
I picked up the #52 Radio Shack screw in light bulbs (supposedly brighter
than standard) for my TR4 dash - thinking I might replace all for brightness.
After looking at some of the bulbs in my wiring harness I see most are marked
Phillips (England) 12V 2.2W. Just curious - anybody know what these Radio
Shack ones are in 'watts' (brightness) - on package they have 'Light Output'
rated at 0.75MSCP. What's it all mean?
ps; 'Average Life' is rated at 30 hours (seems kinda low since some of my
working bulbs look 35 years old!)

Carl Sereda
'63 TR4 since '74