Re: TR6 Sag

To: SpeedSites@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Sag
From: Philip E Bacon <pboldtrix@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 09:12:31 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000 22:49:28 EDT SpeedSites@aol.com writes:

>In a message dated 10/14/00 7:05:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>SpeedSites
>writes:
>
><< Hi Listers-
>
> After 7 months I have my 69 (built 68) TR6 back on the road.. new
>transmission, new clutch, etc. After about a year sitting, though, it
>has a
>pronounced sag to the drivers side. It did this a bit before it was
>stored (I
>was waiting for the trans to heal but it didnt), and now it is a bit
>worse. I
>replaced the rear springs with stifer variants, checked the shocks,
>checked
>the trailing arm mounts, checked the trailing arms bushings, checked
>the
>frame all around again, checked the front a-arms and sprinfgs (did not
>
>replace these).
>
> All looks fine!
>
> List is more visible in rear but wheelarch clearance is definately
>more both
>front and rear on passenger side.
>
> Any thoughts? If not, any sugestions on a good frame/suspension shot
>in the
>Pasadena/San Gabriel Valley/ Los Angeles area??
>
> Thanks- I have missed my TR and this list!
>
> Rod Pyle >>

Rod -- Had a similar problem on my 72 TR6...turned out to be that my
spare tire (a different brand than the others) which was mounted on the
rear passenger side at the moment, was 3/4" SMALLER in diameter than the
other tires, even though it was marked as being identical in size!  I
never knew that that same size tires from different manufacturers could
actually be larger or smaller in diameter.  Phil