Re: Fluids

Subject: Re: Fluids
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 15:39:56 -0700
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Dan :

Both of those questions are hotly debated here from time to time.

Castrol LMA brake fluid should be fine, although the consensus seems to
be that the replacement seals are no longer incompatible with American
brake fluid.  Personally, I'm a firm believer in DOT 5 (silicone) brake
fluid since it is compatible with all seals, doesn't eat paint, and
doesn't absorb moisture from the air and deteriorate.  Others disagree
<g>

There are 3 major LBC (little British car) vendors in the US : Moss
Motors, The Roadster Factory (TRF), and Victoria British.  My personal
preference is TRF first, Moss a close second, and VB a distant 3rd.
There are lots of smaller vendors around, check out the 'Monster List'
at http://www.team.net/sol/britpart.html .  Also, check out the VTR
(Vintage Triumph Register) web site : http://www.vtr.org .  If you are
just starting a restoration, you might want to check out TRF's car club
:
http://www.the-roadster-factory.com/Trfcar.html
Unfortunately, their latest sale just ended, but I'm sure there will be
another one soon.

And BTW, Welcome to the list !

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver