Re: cleaning up crank nicks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cleaning up crank nicks
From: "Martin A. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:16:12 -0400
Actually, what you need is called "crocus cloth."  It's burgundy in color, 3M
makes
it, and it's available at your better auto stores.  When I rebuilt the bottom
end
of my TR6, I cut it into strips the width of your bearing journals,  lubricated
w/WD40, and pulled it back and forth shoeshine-style.  It took about 2 strips
per
journal to get the entire journal to a satisfactory state.

--
Martin Secrest
GT6, TR6