Toyota front brake calipers

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Toyota front brake calipers
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 20:23:01 -0400
Greetings, Oh Wise Ones !!
                 I seem to be having a tough time getting in to the
archives to find this answer, so I'll toss it out to you folks. I recall
reading about Toyota Landcruiser? front brake calipers being a pretty
easy replacement for the TR6 ones. Could some kind soul forward me the
info on whether or not this is true, and if so, what are the specifics.
(ie;
what model and year Toyota, if they'll fit a 76 TR6, and any additional
modifications needed for the installation. I understand the ones
mentioned were a double piston set up and are much more reliable at
stopping a TR6, although not likely to be as exiting.
          Thank you for any help,
    Kevin Thompson
    CF55588U....almost O.....and almost ready to stop, too !!