Re: TR6 Rollbar

To: "Robert M. Sexton" <sexton@starmark.net>, "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Rollbar
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:19:21 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert M. Sexton <sexton@starmark.net>

> Any suggestions on a rollbar for 1976 TR6 for street and/or track???  Will
> it meet SCCA requirements and still allow the convertible top to
function????

> In addition to the convertible top, I have an aftermarket hardtop and will
> probably buy a factory hardtop.  So, the rollbar must (ideally) work with
> the hardtop also.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions or comments.

Typically, the bars sold for the street do not meet SCCA road race
requirements (although they may be acceptable for autocross, others are more
familiar with the autocross rules - hey Bob Lang, where are you?).
Typically, the bars that meet SCCA road race requirements will not permit
the use of the top. SCCA road race requirements call for (among other
things) that the roll bar extend 2" above the driver's helmeted head. You
may be able to have what you need fabricated, it may  depend on how tall you
are.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U with A type o/d since 1983
TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58 now improved to mid pack
Highland Park, IL