4A Resto

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 4A Resto
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:29:58 EDT
As the restoration enters the final stretch and the 4A begins to actually
look like one, a couple of questions arise.
I have a very good set of the aluminum (?) capping that goes along the rear
of the passenger compartment (I realize I don't know what it's called) from
the TR4 parts car. The 4 had the lift-a-dots before I removed them and I know
(or believe) that the 4A is supposed to have snaps. Is the aluminum capping
interchangeable? That is, can I purchase the snaps and attach them to the
capping with the same holes that the lift-a-dots were attached by?
Carpet. Once again, I recall this coming up in the past but it was at a time
when I was no where near this step so I didn't pay as much attention as I
should have. I have a new carpet set (not the most expensive) and find that
in places, it doesn't cover the floor. I am particularly concerned where the
piece under the seats meets the piece that goes along the front of the seat
on the floor and up the bulkhead. Both pieces have finished stitched vinyl on
the edges and have rounded corners. If I set the rearward piece so that the
rear corner fits snugly around the wheel well and set the frontward piece so
that, for example, the pre-cut place where the carpet goes over the feet of
the console/brace, they don't meet. Is this common? Fixable? I'm considering
getting some black carpet scraps and just having them under the spots where
the floor is bare? Is this the kind of thing that's been done to address this
or is there a better way?
Thanks.

Jim
654A