re: dave's racer

To: <dterrick@home.com>
Subject: re: dave's racer
From: "Roy" <techman@metrolink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 23:06:03 -0400charset="Windows-1252"
Cc: <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Dave,

>>your message said:
Some aluminium bashing I did with some scraps makes me think I can construct
reasonable tunnel that will pass safety.  The stock centre arch still fits,
so I suspect I can just modify a cardboard housing if need be.>>>

If you are really going to construct for racing, you'll need to use a
tunnel/enclosure that is "explosion proof" (not really explosion, but the
racing equivalent which is if the clutch/flywheel fly apart any housing
around them must be designed to contain the fragments which will be flying
around within it at very, very great speed and energy!!) This is a
requirement in all "real racing machines" and you should consider it very
seriously if you expect to do any high revving or boost horsepower ---
probably not a bad idea even if you don't plan to do racing/revving. I
definitely would not use cardboard!!

Safety first, man......

Sounds like a fun project.

Roy