Re: Wishbone Torque

To: justin@bexel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wishbone Torque
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:45:21 EDT
In a message dated 00-10-24 03:01:51 EDT, justin@Bexel.com writes:

<< Any advice on the correct tightness of the wishbone to fulcrum pin?  It
says
 in the service manual 26-40lbs, but if you go that stout, the nut bottoms
 out on the end of the threads.  The up and down seems a bit stiff also.
 I have the new poly bushings also, and it seems like it should be snug, but
 not squished.   >>

JP,

The new bushings at the fulcrum pin on my TR6 "squished out" a little also at
the correct torque value and the upper wishbone is definitely stiff to move
up & down (which is probably a good thing!).  Piggott's book shows them
squished out a tad and my "expert" consultants tell me that I've done it
correctly so it sounds like you're okay.

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway & looking quite spiffy)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (enjoying the fall weather!)