The Old Squeaking Gate?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Old Squeaking Gate?
From: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 15:08:20 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello, gang:
My TR-6 has developed a little sqeaking sound when I shift, apparently
coming from the shift lever---below, in the vicinity of the gate, I
imagine.  It's quite mild, but sounds metal-on-metal, as if things are a
bit dry in there.  The car shifts great.  As usual, I'm afraid to dig into
something like this without advice.  Would it be easy to lubricate this
little squeak somewhere beneath the shift boot?  Can the boot be removed
and replaced easily?

--Phil Haldeman
haldeman@accessone.com